Linggo, Mayo 22, 2011

When "Borro" Met God


PSUPT Dionicio “Jun” Borromeo had it all. He had a highly decorated police service career which includes a Metrobank Foundation COPS (Country Outstanding Policemen in Service) award in 2004 and a PMA Cavaliers award in 2005. He was twice promoted on the spot for leading successful operations against crime syndicates. He had affluent connections in the community that he served which sustained him and supported for him. What else could a police officer want?

Until one day in May 2009, everything he had to work for was taken away from him and in place of all recognitions and acclaims were disparagement and humiliation. The once famous “Borro” who was acclaimed by the President 4 years ago as one of the outstanding policemen in the country was now in the PNP custodial center infamous, depressed and contemplating on how to end his life.

“It was the worst day of my life, everthing was taken away from me including my salary and everyone left except my wife and kids” Col. Borromeo expressed. “I couldn’t sleep and I have to take some anti-depressants just to calm me. It came to a point that I planned to escape to the streets to try to encounter some criminal elements and get killed in the process to redeem my name.” He added.

Then alike all other redemption stories...God stepped in.

“I never knew that the worst days of my life could also be the best of your life.” Col. Borromeo explained. “It saw that all my life, I never even thought of Him and maybe it was his way of calling me. So I called my wife and said: Could you help me find someone that could lead me to God.”
Ptr. Robert Liovico of the Foundation Baptist Church of Pasig, whom Col. Borromeo did not know personally, but was a friend of his family responded promptly by texting. “Sir, Just give me a landline and I will call immediately.”


“On August 18, 2009 around 9PM, with the help of Ptr. Liovico, I surrendered my life to God and from that day on till now, I had His peace.” Col. Borromeo said. “What was even more marvellous was that my wife who saw the change in me, also gave herself to the Lord in November of the same year.”

Now that God already redeemed Col. Borromeo, he then provided him with a ministry. He had all the time to read his Bible and even had some evangelistic resources while being interned so it was just a matter of time for him to practice out his faith.


“During that time I was brought to a new facility in La Union. I had eleven people with me. They were my first ministry and I shared to all of them and lead all of them to Christ in prayer.” He proudly claimed.

Last February 2011, Col. Borromeo posted bail and was again free to be with his love ones and have double his effort to share his testimony to all and lead people to Christ. He was also re-instated in active status for the Philippine National Police.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento